Thank you for participating in our Android beta test! We look forward to hearing your feedback and working together with you to improve the app!
a) A few things to note
b) Installation instructions
c) How to use the app
d) How to report bugs
a) A few things to note:
2. ‘Report Weather’, ‘Updates’ & ‘About’ features have not be completed, yet.
3. Loading times may vary depending on the speed of your internet connection.
4. Notifications will only work if you’re connected to the internet. For a more reliable option, especially when travelling, please consider our Text Message Alerts subscription service. To learn more, click here.
5. We’re very careful with our updating process as to not cause more glitches so it may take some time to resolve an issue that you bring to our attention. Thank you in advance for your patience and we’ll do our best to get to all of your suggestions and bug reports ASAP!
b) Installation instructions:
1. When we add your email to the Android testing, you should receive an email from Google Play. If you don’t, please visit the opt-in link below for testing:
Click this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ca.instantweather.instantweather
2. When you click the link, it’s important that you’re logged into whatever gmail account you use to download apps.
3. This should open the Google Play store and click “Install”
4. Please allow the app to follow your location for the most accurate forecasts and alerts. If this didn’t pop-up, you don’t have location services turned on.
5. Allow notifications so you can receive notifications for alerts and important forecasts.
c) How to use the app:
Below, we’ll walk you through the different features step-by-step so you know how to use the app to its fullest potential!
1. Home page:
- The home page is the first thing that opens when you load the app.
- It has your Current Conditions at the top such as ‘Condition’, ‘Temperature’ and ‘feels like’ temperature.
- If you click the three dots (...), it will show you even more information such as humidity, pressure, wind gusts, etc.
2. Locations page:
- The locations page can be access by clicking on the magnifying glass at the top right of the app.
- If you’d like to receive notifications, please click the little slider on your top ‘follow-me’ location.
- To add new locations, click on the search bar at the top.
- Please search postal codes for the best accuracy. We’ll be adding other search options eventually such as lat/long coordinates for those in remote areas.
2. Button bar:
- The button bar has several different products and we’ll list their features and benefits below.
- Most accurate short range forecast for the next 6.5 hours.
- Forecast updates every 15 minutes so check back often for the latest data as it can change rapidly. You can also ‘pull-to-refresh’ to update the app as often as you’d like.
- Precipitation animation so you can quickly recognize if there’s going to be rain, snow or mixing and how heavy it will be.
- Swipe right/left to move through the data or alternatively, click the > and < arrows to move page by page.
- Detailed hourly data for the next 10 days.
- Swipe left or right to move through the hours.
- Click on the circle dates to quickly switch between days.
- Daily forecasts for the next 15 days.
- Click on any blue bar to expand for detailed day/night forecasts and sunrise/sunset times.
- Click on “more days” at the bottom to load day 11-15.
- This feature isn’t completed yet but we’re working on it!
- It will include the ability to easily and quickly report the weather you’re experiencing such as rain, snow, funnel clouds, etc.
- Radar map with animated past and future radar.
- Click the ( > ) button at the bottom left of the radar page to begin the animation.
- Our future radar uses a very powerful weather model that updates every 15 minutes at high-resolution, runs on a supercomputer, works across the entire world, and ultimately, allows you to know with fairly high accuracy what weather could be coming your way, and when it will likely be gone.
c) How to report a bug:
If you encounter a bug, please report it to us by emailing help@InstantWeather.ca
More detailed instructions coming soon including a video tutorial. :)